Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Check Your Roots ( Not your Hair, ladies)

My kids always think that band-aids will fix everything...
sore fingers, busted knees, splinters, hurt feelings, upsets stomachs, the works...just "give me a band-aid"!!
Sometimes I wish that the issues I face in my personal life could be fixed with a band-aid, how great would that be? What I HAVE found out is that everything in my life has a root issue, most things that arise are simply symptoms of a deeper issue. If I lash out in anger at something my husband says to me, the issue is normally not a "yelling problem"... it is something deeper.
The bible tells us that we need to be "rooted" in love. (Roots are deep) If everything in our life stems out of that, the symptoms or reactions we live out will be the opposite of strife. It will free us up to be more peaceful and enjoy life more as well as everyone around us!

Eph. 3:17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment